Friday 26 April 2013

Learning a language


Liebe Freunde,

Anyone can learn a new language if one has the motivation and well, the money. (Without the first, the second is useless). I love learning, so learning a language obviously gets me 'high' and learning about the culture, spirit and history of a place becomes even more interesting if one knows the language!

Currently, my new language interest is German. This one's tough at first. You have to break through all the stereotypes about "Oh, German is such a rude language" and "Whoa! German?! How are the noun-gender issues working out for you?" and so on...you know, the curious, inquistive questions.

It took me a month of alternate day classes to break through this beautiful language; but three years to really have life bring it to me! (This is because three years ago, I signed up for a course thinking I could juggle an intensive German course with work; and the following years had me switching jobs and moving cities...fun stuff ;) )

Of course, I'm currently at kindergarten level with the language...you know, introducing onself, spelling, imperative tenses and yes, writing postcards ;). I intend to learn the language at a professional level - because it's so challenging and I love a challenge!

Bis Bald,

Tschuss! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment